To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
The Shire of Murray, situated in the center of the Peel Region, Western Australia, has engaged CGC Dredge Contractors to undertake a maintenance dredge of the Yunderup Channel as it approaches the Yunderup Canals residential development area.According to the news release, the works will employ a cutter suction dredge operation with in-estuary disposal and are scheduled to take approximately 15 weeks to complete – subject to favorable weather conditions.The works will have no impact on vessels entering the Yunderup canals, however recreational boater need to respect the presence of the dredgers, ans stay clear of the operations, the Shire of Murray said.A Dredge Management Plan was prepared to support the works approval process and timing of the works have been targeted to:Avoid the December to March period when migrating seabirds and shore birds are at their greatest diversity and abundance;Avoid summer months being peak period for seagrass growth;Avoid summer months being a peak recreational use period;Consultants RPS Group were engaged to undertake the environmental assessment.The Yunderup Channel is 3000 meters in length and is designed to accommodate vessels of up to 8.0m in length with a 0.8m draught below water level.The maintenance dredge program is typically required every 10 years to maintain a suitable channel depth to accommodate vessels accessing the canals. Previous dredging project removed around 30,000 cubic meters of dredged material from the area.
Family First is currently at the World Congress of Families (WCF) which is the premier global gathering of parents, youth, lawmakers, scholars, religious leaders, and advocates united to support the natural family—and for the first time in history, the global gathering is in the United States. It’s a massive four-day event. www.wcf9.org
Republic of Ireland international Brady only underwent surgery on Wednesday night but is likely to be the first one back in around four weeks. “We’ve lost another one this week in Robbie, so we’ve played six and lost three to injury… we need a bit more luck in that department,” said Bruce. “Robbie has been complaining of pain now for four, five, six weeks. It’s been grumbling away at him and it got to a situation after last Saturday that it was too sore to train, so we thought ‘let’s get it done’. “It was a case of needs must: the quicker it’s done, the quicker he’s back on the pitch.” The gap created by Brady’s absence will be filled by one of George Boyd or Stephen Quinn, two of the promotion-winning squad who have seen limited game time since a busy summer transfer window. Elsewhere, Paul McShane is now considered match fit after making his return to the bench last week. He will come into consideration at centre-half as Bruce ponders whether to keep faith with veteran Abdoulaye Faye. Faye replaced Chester to good effect in the 1-0 win over West Ham last weekend, but against Villa’s youthful, counter-attacking side the 35-year-old may find himself overlooked for fresher legs. Hull’s season started even better then, with six wins from their first nine outings, but the bubble burst in dramatic fashion and they survived the drop by a single point before relegation the following season. Bruce’s aim is to improve on that and he is well aware of what has gone before. “We have made a wonderful start, but that’s all it is,” he said ahead of Saturday’s home match against Aston Villa. “If someone had said to me we’d have 10 points from the first six games I wouldn’t have thought that was possible to be honest. “But the history of our club the last time we were here is that we did great until Christmas and the following 18 months after that must have been torture, agony. “So we’ve had a good start – really good – but we’ve only played six games and there are 32 more to go.” One problem that could easily derail Bruce’s plans is a run of injuries. Hull’s squad is far from the deepest in the division and they have already lost captain Robert Koren (fractured foot), defender James Chester (hamstring) and four-goal top-scorer Robbie Brady (hernia). Press Association The Tigers have thus far defied pre-season expectations, picking up 10 points from their first six matches since promotion to lie eighth in the table. But while Bruce might be forgiven for getting carried away with that return, he is mindful of what happened to his friend and predecessor Phil Brown when he led Hull to the top flight for the 2008/09 campaign. Hull manager Steve Bruce has warned his side to heed the lessons of the past as they look to build on their impressive start to life in the Barclays Premier League.
“I think there’s a willingness on both sides to get something done. Nothing’s been agreed formally yet but I think the intention is there to try to do something if we can.” Hughes is keen to do business in the window, with a striker the top priority, but he dismissed rumours midfielder Wilson Palacios could join Real Betis on loan. The Welshman said: “That’s news to me. There’s been no contact as far as I’m aware. Jamie Ness has gone out on loan but at the moment we don’t anticipate anybody else (leaving).” Hughes, meanwhile, revealed Stoke are likely to make a complaint to the Football Association regarding Tottenham’s response to Charlie Adam’s tackle on Paulinho. The Spurs midfielder is expected to be out for around a month following Adam’s challenge in Stoke’s 3-0 defeat last weekend, which was missed by the referee. Tottenham complained to the FA but it did not deem the tackle worthy of retrospective punishment. Adam is a hate figure for some Spurs fans as a result of previous tackles against Gareth Bale and Scott Parker, and midfielder Sandro posted a picture of himself on Instagram with a message for Adam: “The Beast (his nickname) is watching you.” Stoke were not impressed, and Hughes said: “There’s no need for it. Stoke are in talks to sign midfielder Stephen Ireland permanently during the January transfer window. The Republic of Ireland international is on a season-long loan at the Britannia Stadium from Aston Villa, where his contract is up at the end of the campaign. Potters manager Mark Hughes said: “We’re trying to do something with Stephen if we can. I know we’ve had discussions with his people and I’ve spoken to Stephen myself. “We were unhappy that Charlie’s playing history in recent games against Spurs was brought up, I think by Spurs themselves. That was a little bit surprising. “In terms of what the lad (Sandro) said it’s unhelpful, and he has to be careful or the FA might look at that situation. “Our view is that sometimes you can’t allow things without responding. I’m not absolutely certain as yet but I think we as a club will respond to what’s happened in recent days.” Stoke take on Championship leaders Leicester in the FA Cup third round on Saturday and Hughes’ own proud record in the competition means he will be taking the game very seriously. When asked by BBC West Midlands whether this weekend’s fixtures were something Premier League clubs would rather avoid, Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert said: “If they were being honest, they probably would do.” Hughes insisted that was certainly not the case for him, saying: “I’ve always said there’s only certain competitions that we have a realistic chance of having a good run at and the FA Cup is one of them. “I’m not sure of Paul’s record in the FA Cup; from my point of view I was fortunate enough to play in five cup finals and win four of them and it was a fantastic experience, so why would you want to deny yourself and your club the opportunity to go to a cup final? “It’s a marvellous occasion and something, as a football person, you should want to do. I think if you manage your squad well enough then you can have a cup run and you can actually help your league form as well.” Hughes will be without a number of players, with Ireland (hamstring) and goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen (Achilles) joining the injured list. Sorensen’s injury coupled with number one Asmir Begovic’s broken finger means Jack Butland will make his first start for the club and 19-year-old Austrian Dan Bachmann will be on the bench. Hughes will wait for a verdict on Sorensen’s likely lay-off before considering bringing in another keeper. There was good news on key defender Robert Huth, who has returned to training after knee surgery, although he is unlikely to be back in the squad for another two weeks. Hughes said of his likely side on Saturday: “We’ll see how they rock up but if the ones I’m planning to play are okay then we’ll go strong.” Press Association
“When people say I’m not out there all morning, that is a blatant lie. “I think it might’ve been someone else trying to be mischievous and telling him what to say. “Whatever. It’s done and dusted. I just want to be positive now.” QPR chairman Tony Fernandes intervened in the public disagreement, but Redknapp does not believe Taarabt has been disciplined by QPR for his part in the row. “I don’t hold grudges,” Redknapp said. “He got pushed into writing a load of stuff that wasn’t true. I don’t think he’s been fined and I wouldn’t want to fine him. “I’ve always been a manager where people go, ‘You do love a problem player’. “The big difference is the ones I’ve had before keep producing on the pitch. “Unfortunately at the moment Adel needs to produce. He’s got great talent. “He could be an incredible, incredible footballer for this football club.” Redknapp, who recalled how he rescued Taarabt from Tottenham’s reserves when he was Spurs boss six years ago, ruled the midfielder out of Monday’s match with Aston Villa. “He’s been ill all week,” Redknapp added. “He’s had a sore throat, so he’s not been available to train. He’s going to train this morning (Saturday).” Redknapp will thrust Taarabt into his QPR side as soon as he proves his fitness. “I’ve had ups and downs with him before, but I’ve had more ups than downs with him,” Redknapp added. “I’ve brought coaches in here that think I’m off my head to keep sticking with him and trying to get him onside. They’d have bombed him out ages ago, but I haven’t. “I said to (first-team coach) Glenn Hoddle when he came in, ‘Have a look at his ability’. And Glenn went, ‘Corr, he can play’. “About three days later, Glenn’s going to me, ‘Why doesn’t he train?’ And that’s the problem. “He’s got to get himself in good shape, get fit and if he does that his talent is fantastic. “If he’s ready to play, I’ll be the first one to pick him. “We need him fit and we need him playing. He can change a game. “He needs to do that for his own good and the good of QPR.” Rob Green is available following illness which kept him out of the Liverpool match and could displace Alex McCarthy in goal. Defender Nedum Onuoha (hamstring) and midfielder Sandro (groin) are doubts. Midfielders Joey Barton and Jordon Mutch (both hamstring) remain out alongside long-term absentee Alejandro Faurlin (knee). Defender Rio Ferdinand was an unused substitute against Liverpool and has stated his intention to retire at the end of this season. The former England captain and Manchester United centre back has had a challenging time at QPR, but Redknapp cannot fault his efforts. “It’s been very difficult, (but) Rio’s a fantastic professional,” Redknapp said. “He’s different class. I’m delighted to have him at the club.” Redknapp has told the 25-year-old Taarabt to look to the example of the world’s leading players – Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Suarez and Gareth Bale – who combine their talent with hard work. “He’s not a Messi,” Redknapp added. “If you want to be a Messi, a Ronaldo, a Suarez or Bale, they all have one thing in common – they work their socks off with and without the ball. “They’re incredible footballers. There’s no-one to compare with them.” “When I get the hump I do tend to say what I feel. He has tested me. He’s tested everybody. (But) I’m the one that’s stuck with him. “When you’re on someone’s side so much and you get let down, at some stage you tend to crack over it. “Like with your kid misbehaving, you say, ‘Don’t do that, don’t do that’. In the end you get the hump with them enough and you send them to bed, or whatever. That’s how I felt last Sunday. “The only person that can help Adel is himself. I want him to do that. I still believe in him. “I love watching him do things on the football pitch. I love it when he does something special. “I just want him to come and train hard and get back in the team. We need him.” Redknapp wants to move on from the feud with Taarabt, who spent last season on loan at Fulham and AC Milan, but admitted he was hurt by the suggestion he was rarely present at training. “I’m out on that training ground every single day,” Redknapp added. Harry Redknapp has likened Adel Taarabt to a misbehaving child and admitted he felt like sending the Morocco playmaker to his bedroom – but insisted he still believes in him. Although Redknapp said he held no grudges, the QPR boss could not resist revisting last week’s public spat over Taarabt’s weight and offering an explanation for the row. “It was something that happened before the game and during the week,” said Redknapp, who lost patience following last week’s last-gasp loss to Liverpool. Press Association
The video – which shows him singing at the bar – was posted on You Tube.Speaking this morning Delaney said he does not favour violence and if he had known someone was taping him he would not have sang the song. The Chief Executive of the FAI says he is sorry if anyone has taken offence to a video of him singing a Republican ballad.Tipp Town native John Delaney was taped singing “Joe McDonnell” in a pub in Dublin following Ireland’s 4-1 home win over the USA last week.The song is written from the perspective of an IRA member convicted of firearms offences in 1977.
The Premier County open their defence of the provincial crown against Cork at Semple Stadium on Sunday.The team to face the Rebels will be announced tonight.Michael Ryan says there’s no easy route to glory… Throw in on Sunday is at 4 o’clock and Tipp FM will have full live coverage of the clash from just after 3 o’clock in association with Mulcahy Car Sales, Ardcroney, Nenagh.And ahead of that – Tipperary’s Munster Championship coverage gets underway this evening from 7 pm as Tipp FM will be broadcasting live from LIT Thurles for our Championship Special hosted by Jackie Cahill.Tipperary are also in action in the Intermediate Munster hurling semi final on Sunday afternoon. The Premier County will take on Cork at Semple Stadium with a throw in time of 2 o’clock. Tipp FM will have extended updates from the clash with Stephen Gleeson.
As the Commonwealth Games kicked off in grand style in Gold Coast, Australia thursday, Nigeriaâ€™s Chef de Mission, Chief Kofo Nwokedi, has warned Team Nigeria athletes and officials not to be carried away by the abundance of too much food provided at the Games Village.Mrs Nwokedi who visited the massive restaurant in the Games Village was wowed by the delicacies provided by the Australians. She told the athletes not to be carried away by the delicacies.â€˜â€™This is a temptation to much to resist,â€ Nwokedi said after going round the hall to behold the continental dishes provided by the host. â€œSome athletes will fall to the sweetness of the food. We need to let our athletes control themselves so as not to wobble and fumble in their events due to over feeding,â€™â€™ she emphasised. The main dining room seats up to 2,300 people at any one time and handles about 20,000 meals that are served each day.Most countries here came with their nutritionists to help advice their athletes on what to eat and not to eat.A Nigerian athlete confirmed that whoever follows the abundance and sweetness of the food would get burst before the end of the Games. Not just that. The dream and aspirations of mounting the podium would equally burst as the delicacies are too tempting.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
The great center player of Portland Trail Blazers, Jusuf Nurkic, will perform for the basketball team of BiH in matches against Finland and the Czech Republic within the second round of qualifiers for the World Cup in China in 2019.Our basketball players will enter the newly formed group K with the score 2-4, i.e. with a one victory less than Russia and Finland, three victories less than the Czech Republic and four victories less then France. Three first placed selections from Group K will go to the World Cup.Our national team will open the Group K in Finland on September 13, and then we will welcome the Czech Republic on September 16.We will play in Bulgaria on November 30, and then we will welcome Finland on December 3, while the last matches will be played on February 21, in the Czech Republic, and February 24, when we will welcome Bulgaria.Nurkic confirmed that he will play for the national team in September on his Facebook page.On the list of the National basketball team of BiH for matches against the Czech Republic and Finland are: Nemanja Gordic, Amar Gegic, Adi Zahiragic, Darko Talic, Marko Rikalo, Edin Atic, Almir Hasandic, Ibrahim Durmo, Aleksandar Lazic, Nedzad Muratovic, Nedim Buza, Adin Vrabac, Milan Milosevic, Miralem Halilovic, Emir Sulejmanovic, Amar Alibegovic, Ajdin Penava, Andrija Stipanovic, Elmedin Kikanovic, Markus Loncar, Robert Rickic and Obrad Tomic.(Source: Klix.ba)