Swift action by Police ranks of the A Division (Georgetown-East Bank Demerara) saw six bandits being nabbed after they attempted to rob a Supply, East Bank Demerara (EBD) poultry farmer.The six men who escaped from the scene after the failed robbery on Tuesday night at the Lot 13 Supply, EBD premises were apprehended in Grove, EBD.Reports are the business is owned by 69-year-old Michael Chang Yuen. At the time of the attempted robbery, Yuen was at home with his wife and his two sons relaxing when they heard a noise coming from outside their house about 19:30h.The property which the six men attempted to robUpon checking, Yuen saw four men at the eastern door of his property.As such, an alarm was raised, which prompted the men to quickly enter a waiting motor car, HC 4543, which was parked some distance away, and flee the scene.However, the Police were alerted, and a roadblock was set up in the vicinity of the Grove Public Road, which saw the four men, along with two others in the said car, being captured.A search carried out on the motor car saw the discovery of two 9 mm Glock Pistols, one with the serial number filed off, along with 22 live rounds; one BerettaThe business owner, Michael Chang YuenPistol with 11 live rounds, one .32 Taurus Pistol, with the serial number filed off with six live rounds; one sledgehammer, two pairs of latex gloves, and trade plates.The men, two of whom were previously before the courts, were all arrested and taken into Police custody.Further investigations carried out revealed that the motor car in which they were found was stolen from a Princes Street, Georgetown resident on March 25, 2018.When Guyana Times visited Yuen’s home, his sons were hesitant to speak; he, however, revealed that this is the second time in the last two months that bandits attempted to rob his home.They were unable to enter the property on that occasion as well. He noted thatThe guns, ammunition and other items found in the getaway carCCTV footage was handed over to the Police.Yuen has been working in the poultry business for some 30 years.Investigations are continuing.
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREPettersson scores another winner, Canucks beat KingsA federal court issued an arrest warrant for Lam on Oct. 5, 2005, and he was arrested Nov. 17 on Indonesia’s Batam Island, according to Laura Eimiller of the FBI, then brought back to the United States. For more news and observations about crime in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley, check out the Daily News’ crime blog by clicking here. WEST COVINA – Arraignment is set today for a man accused of killing his wife, burying her body in a shallow grave in the backyard of their Rowland Heights home and then fleeing to Indonesia, where he was arrested. David Lam, 55, is charged with murder for the Sept. 11, 2005, slaying of his wife, Susan, 49. The woman’s family reported her missing and sheriff’s detectives found her body buried in a shallow grave in the backyard of the couple’s home in the 2600 block of Doubletree Lane on Sept. 23, 2005. Lam was named a week later in a felony complaint. The FBI was asked to help when sheriff’s detectives discovered Lam had fled to Singapore and then Indonesia. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Coral’s Simon Clare joins the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast to round up the latest sporting odds.The Breakfast team are live at Epsom this week and Clare reveals Wings of Desire, with Frankie Dettori on board, looks set to go in as favourite for Saturday’s derby.Jose Mourinho continues to dominate the back pages as he prepares to take over at Manchester United.And Clare says it is set to be a sensational season, with Mourinho joining the likes of Jurgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola and Antonio Conte in the Premier League.Coral is the official betting partner of the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast
DOVER, Del. – The father of Nicholas Berg, a U.S. contractor believed to have been beheaded by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in Iraq, said Thursday that al-Zarqawi’s killing will only perpetuate the cycle of violence in the Middle East. “I think al-Zarqawi’s death is a double tragedy,” Michael Berg told The Associated Press after learning a U.S. airstrike had killed the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq. “His death will incite a new wave of revenge. George Bush and al-Zarqawi are two men who believe in revenge.” Al-Zarqawi is believed to have beheaded two American civilians in 2004: Nicholas Berg, a 26-year-old businessman from West Chester, Pa., and Eugene Armstrong, a 52-year-old contractor from Hillsdale, Mich. Jack Hensley, a 48-year-old engineer from Marietta, Ga., was abducted at the same time as Armstrong and also killed. Armstrong’s family did not want to discuss al-Zarqawi. “I think in this case justice has finally been served,” said the Rev. Jerry Gladson, who had been Hensley’s pastor at First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) of Marietta.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORE11 theater productions to see in Southern California this week, Dec. 27-Jan. 2“An evil man is dead, and what more can you say?” said family spokeswoman Cyndi Armstrong, the wife of the slain contractor’s cousin. Michael Berg, a pacifist who is running for Delaware’s lone House seat on the Green Party ticket, said al-Zarqawi’s death is likely to foster anti-American resentment among al-Qaida members who feel they have nothing left to lose. Berg said the blame for most deaths in Iraq should be placed on Bush, who he said is “more of a terrorist than Zarqawi.” “Zarqawi felt my son’s breath on his hand as held the knife against his throat. Zarqawi had to look in his eyes when he did it,” Berg added, pausing to collect himself. “George Bush sits there glassy-eyed in his office with pieces of paper and condemns people to death. That, to me, is a real terrorist.” Al-Qaida in Iraq confirmed al-Zarqawi’s death and vowed to continue its “holy war,” according to a statement posted on a Web site. The group has taken responsibility for numerous attacks on U.S. and Iraqi targets in the past few years.
DERRY is set to try to upstage Co Donegal – by allowing fans to come together for a massive outside broadcast of the All-Ireland final.With no such venues here in the county, council officials in Derry City are hoping to lure thousands of GAA fans into the city on Sunday Week.Derry City Council is going to beam the final between Donegal and Mayo into Waterloo Place next Sunday, September 23. Mayor Kevin Campbell extended his best wishes to the Donegal team ahead of the big final and said they had the full support of the people of Derry.“Everyone in Derry is behind our neighbours in Donegal and hoping that they bring the Sam Maguire Cup up to the North West,” said the Mayor.“I am delighted that the public will be able to come along to Waterloo Place next Sunday and watch the game on the Big Screen and cheer Donegal on.” Advertisement With thousands of Donegal fans unable to get their hands on tickets, pubs, bars and restaurants here in the county are planning special events.But as yet there is no public outside big screen – and drink-free – event where parents can take young families.That could see many fans opting for the Derry city centre event, which will marshalled by council health and safety staff. DERRY TRY TO UPSTAGE DONEGAL WITH MASSIVE OUTSIDE BROADCAST OF ALL-IRELAND FINAL was last modified: September 15th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DERRY TRY TO UPSTAGE DONEGAL WITH MASSIVE OUTSIDE BROADCOAST OF ALL-IRELAND FINAL
SHEEPHAVEN SUB AQUA CLUB NOTES: Spring has burst forward for both the countryside and seas of Donegal, with Sheephaven diver’s sighting Hares and Buzzards on the Lough Salt road on the way to Sundays dive, as well as the ever increasing presence of marine life on the dive sites over the weekend. On Saturday morning there was glorious May sunshine as the divers set out from Downings slipway for a dive at Horn Head.The journey across the bay was lively as the sea state was a bit busy, built up by the northerly wind but nonetheless the divers still got a 25 metre dive for nearly 50 minutes in Skate Bay.Water temperature had gone back a little to 8 degrees Celsius from the previous weekend, while in-water visibility was not too bad at 5 metres horizontally.For two very lucky divers there was a dive experience of a lifetime when they came across a Curled Octopus, carefully hiding from both prey and predator on the seabed. This was an in-water sighting of the same species brought to divers some weeks ago by local fisherman Ivan Mc Elhinney, but this time the divers were able to see it in its natural environment.Once the Octopus had been seen it first tried to camouflage itself and eventually shot off to hide in a crevice, after trying to distract attention by expelling an ink jet.While this sighting is fascinating to the divers evidence of its destructive behaviour on the shellfish population was observed around the area with bits of Lobsters and Spider Crabs strewn around the site.An observation to be remembered indeed, as it confirms that the Curled Octopus is making its presence felt in the vicinity of Horn Head.Citizen scientist marine identification has become well established in Ireland through Seasearch and this year there will be a variation to the recording process with the introduction of the ‘Adopt a Site’ scheme.Over the five months from May to September interested divers will record the biodiversity on a specific site, which will give a picture of the changes in abundance on the site over the recording period. Any diver interested in joining the scheme should contact Seasearch through firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Seasearch Facebook page.On Sunday morning Sheephaven divers had a great day at Black Rock when they launched three dive boats from Downings for the Sunday morning trainee dive.The sea state had improved considerably since Saturday making a dive on the Black Rock quite viable and at 25 metres in-water visibility was good at well over 5 metres horizontally.Maximum dive times were just over 30 minutes, while temperatures on site were a reasonably comfortable 10 degrees Celsius. Kevin Boylan led the dive and with Timmy Boyle providing dry coxswain duties it was conducted in a very timely manner indeed.Marine life observations included some lovely Ballan Wrasse, Butterfish and a number of juvenile Lobsters, which bodes well for future fishing stocks on site.Thanks to all who towed boats and filled bottles, everyone’s contribution is very much appreciated indeed, but in particular a big thank you to Kevin, who went to great lengths on Saturday afternoon to make sure all boats were good to go the following morning.Top of FormBottom of FormSHEEPHAVEN SUB-AQUA CLUB DIVE AT BEAUTIFUL HORN HEAD was last modified: May 17th, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:DivingSheephaven Sub Aqua ClubSport
How Chelsea could line up against Southampton – what system will Lampard play? Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars 1 Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won Every current Premier League club’s best kit from the past decade possible xi Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT Courtois signed for Chelsea in 2011 from Genk for an estimated fee of £8m.He spent three seasons on loan at Real’s local rivals Atletico Madrid before returning to Chelsea and becoming their number one.The 26-year-old has previously stated Madrid is where his heart is as his children still live in the Spanish capital. Latest Chelsea FC News Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? REVEALED How the Premier League table could change after the Boxing Day fixtures Kepa had been with Bilbao since the age of ten smart causal Chelsea have completed the signing of Kepa Arrizabalaga for a fee of £71.6million – a record fee for a keeper.Kepa has signed a seven-year contract with the Blues after Thibaut Courtois sealed his desired move away from Stamford Bridge to join Real Madrid in a £38million deal. gameday cracker England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won REVEALED shining possible standings silverware Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia said: “Kepa is a talent we have admired for a long time and we are extremely excited about his arrival.“He has already demonstrated fantastic quality and consistency and will be a big part of any success Chelsea have in the coming years.“His long-term contract reflects the belief we have in him and we look ahead to the coming seasons with an enormous sense of optimism.”Chelsea moved for Kepa after agreeing to sell Courtois to Real Madrid for a fee of around £38m.As part of the deal, midfielder Mateo Kovacic will head to Stamford Bridge on loan for the season. Kepa is a Chelsea player! 👊#WelcomeKepa pic.twitter.com/Tt2kLIOqU8— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) August 8, 2018Kepa, 23, arrives less than 24 hours before the close of the transfer window and just three days before Chelsea’s opening game of the Premier League season at Huddersfield on Saturday.The former Athletic Bilbao stopper has made over 100 career league games and was part of Spain’s squad at the World Cup this summer.On sealing his move to Chelsea, Kepa said: “It’s a very important decision for me, for my career, and also for my personal life.“So many things attracted me to the club, all the titles the club has won, the other players, the city, the English Premier League. It’s an accumulation of things, and I am very glad Chelsea has decided to trust me and to take me in as well.”
ARMED Gardai have spent today patrolling the roads of south Donegal ahead of the G8 summit in Enniskillen tomorrow.Four armed units are on patrol between Donegal Town and Ballyshannon – and roads leading to Co Fermanagh.At Belleek two Gardai have been stopping and checking cars all day. And they are also checking vehicles for insurance and road tax.However the roads from Pettigo and Ballyshannon to Irvinestown and Enniskillen were quiet most of Sunday.Most vehicles were travelling from Fermanagh and into Donegal as many residents from the North move here for 48 hours to escape the security lock-down.Around 2,000 protestors are expected in Enniskillen on Monday. G8: ARMED GARDA PATROLS AND CHECKPOINTS FOR DONEGAL (AND YOU BETTER HAVE ROAD TAX!) was last modified: June 16th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Live Stats Following Sunday’s game, Drake returns to the Knapp Center to host Indiana State on Jan. 12.Print Friendly Version Live Audio ESPN3 Story Links Drake Game Notes Drake (8-7, 3-0 MVC) and SIU (8-6, 3-0 MVC) are tied for first place in the MVC standings after the Salukis defeated UNI, 60-53, in overtime and the Bulldogs raced past Missouri State, 80-68, Friday night. Drake made MVC history with its win over the Lady Bears as the program has won 25 consecutive regular season league games, a streak that started Feb. 26, 2016. The road win broke a tie with Missouri State, which won 24 straight games from Jan. 9, 1999 to Feb. 5, 2000. SIU is off to a 3-0 start in league play for the second time in three seasons and third time since Valley play began in 1992. The Salukis rallied from a 5-point deficit with 3:33 left in regulation and then outscored UNI, 11-4, in overtime to claim their second straight win over UNI in Carbondale, Ill. Freshman MaKenzie Silvey scored a career-high 17 points. Sophomore Becca Hittner (Urbandale, Iowa) scored a game-high 24 points behind a great shooting night of 6-of-10 from the floor, 3-of-5 from deep, 9-of-10 from the free throw line and she added six rebounds. Four other Bulldogs joined Hittner in double figures. Playing just down the road from her hometown, redshirt sophomore Sara Rhine (Eldon, Mo.), recorded her third double-double of the season with 11 points and 10 rebounds. Maddy Dean (Jordan, Minn.) had 12 points and six boards and Becca Jonas (Independence, Mo.) had 11 points and eight rebounds. Junior Sammie Bachrodt (Wichita, Kan.) finished with another impressive all-around performance with nine points, eight rebounds, a career-high seven assists and two steals. Those five helped the Bulldogs dominate on the glass with a 49-27 advantage, including pulling down 14 offensive rebounds and limiting Missouri State to just three. CARBONDALE, Ill. – The Drake University women’s basketball team closes its first Missouri Valley Conference road trip Sunday at Southern Illinois at 2 p.m. The game will be broadcast on The Valley on ESPN3.