Salisu Yusuf, the Super Eagles assistant coach, says Victor Moses’ recent injury is likely to sideline the Chelsea FC wing-forward for about two or three weeks.Yusuf told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Abuja that Moses’ absence from the team’s matches against Algeria and Argentina would however not affect the Super Eagles. He said the Nigerian Senior Men Football Team would crush both Algeria and Argentina even without Moses.“Victor Moses will be out of action for two or three weeks due to injury, but we have confidence in the capability of our team to win all their matches while he is away,’’ – Yusuf said.NAN reports that Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) had last week released a 24-man list of players the team’s technical crew would be needing for the matches against Algeria and Argentina.Related
The reported illicit flow of small arms and light weapons, which undermines security and the rule of law, will not be tolerated following the United Nations Mission in Liberia (UNMIL) June 30 drawdown closing date, Defense Minister Browne J. Samukai Jr. has told the Daily Observer. Minister Samukai is of the opinion that non-state actors, mainly private security guards, bearing arms will be a factor that would cause chaos and an overlap of security functions during the execution of standard operating procedures (SOPs) by state-security personnel in the case of an event. He said that the government will not give weapons (arms, guns) to those he described as “non-state-actors” so as not to create confusion in the execution of duties when the need arises.Samukai spoke with specific reference to private security guards, who in recent times have been hinting on being allowed to bear arms to beef up the country’s security in the wake of UNMIL’s departure.He distanced himself from such a suggestion, which he believes has the propensity to create anarchy in the Liberian society.“I do not support the decision of non-state actors or private security guards bearing arms claiming to be handling the affairs of the country,” Samukai said in an interview with this newspaper yesterday.According to him, non-state actors should not handle the affairs of the state by carrying small arms or light weapons in any case, “once that person does not have the requisite security training or assigned to specific training apparatus such as the military, the police or the bureau of immigration.”He said the country’s national security apparatuses are fully prepared and ready to handle security-related matters in the absence of UNMIL.However, Minister Samukai added that there is collaboration between private security guard services and the state security sector to ensure that the country remains peaceful at all times. The Minister meanwhile called on Liberians not to panic about UNMIL’s drawdown, noting that the military is “adequately prepared and well capacitated to handle the affairs of the country.”He said that the army has been trained in various capacities including managing unrest, logistics, and providing for personnel, which now placed them in the position to secure the country’s borders from any would-be external threats. He explained that Liberians understand that their security is in their own hands. “Huge military and other security are not what we need now; civil society organizations, democratic actors, and other institutions are all onboard the country’s quest to continue the peaceful path we enjoy today,” Samukai noted. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Vine/Josh ParcellUNC and other ACC schools have done a great job of honoring legendary Tar Heels coach Dean Smith since his passing, but the opening to today’s game at the Dean Dome may be the best tribute yet. UNC, which is playing its first game at home since losing Coach Smith, ran his signature “four corners” offense in its first possession. Even better—Brice Johnson scored on the play.That is just about the coolest thing you’ll see in college basketball today. Well done, Tar Heels. [@JoshParcell]More: The Only 13 Teams That Can Win The Playoff In 2015
WASHINGTON – A leading liberal policy group is raising the ante in the health care debate with a new plan that builds on Medicare to guarantee coverage for all.Called “Medicare Extra for All,” the proposal Thursday from the Center for American Progress, or CAP, would provide a path toward universal health care coverage.But in a nod to political pragmatism, the plan would preserve roles for employer coverage and for the health insurance industry. Employers and individuals would have a choice of joining Medicare Extra, but it would not be required.That differs from the more traditional “single-payer” approach advocated by Vermont independent Sen. Bernie Sanders, in which the government would hold the reins of the health care system.The plan’s authors acknowledge that the plan would require significant tax increases.Even though it has no chance of passing in a Republican-controlled Congress, centre president Neera Tanden said, “there is consensus on the progressive side that universal coverage should be the goal and health care is a right.”As Democrats shift leftward, Republicans are saying the CAP plan shows Democrats are turning on “Obamacare.”“Their latest big government scheme increases the amount of control Washington has over their care and everyday lives,” said Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo.The centre was closely aligned with former President Barack Obama and 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton. A 2005 proposal from CAP foreshadowed Obama’s Affordable Care Act.Medicare Extra would use Medicare’s thrifty payment system as a framework to pool working-age people and their families, low-income people now covered by Medicaid, and seniors. A major missing piece: There’s no cost estimate for the plan, although its authors say that’s in the works.The proposal comes at a time when polls show intense interest among Democrats and some independents in a government-run system that would guarantee coverage.Larry Levitt of the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation said taxes would rise and the federal government would take on a larger role under the proposal, but that’s still “a more politically and fiscally realistic roadmap” than full government control.Among Medicare Extra’s major elements:—All U.S. citizens and lawful residents would be eligible.—Preventive care, treatment for chronic disease, and generic prescription drugs would be free. Dental, vision and hearing services would be included.—Low-income people would pay no premiums or copays. Premiums and cost-sharing would be determined according to income for everyone else.—Employers would have the option of maintaining their own plans or joining Medicare Extra. Workers could pick either plan.—Government would negotiate prices for prescription drugs.___Online:Centre for American Progress proposal: https://www.americanprogress.org/?p=447095
New York: Singer Adele, who confirmed her split from husband Simon Konecki over the weekend, will channel her break-up sorrow into her new album, which is expected to be out later this year. “Adele has been writing and working on new material for a while,” a source said, reports mirror.co.uk. “She has already had meetings with her record label, Sony, in London about her progress. Producers have been approached about working with her. They are hoping the album will be released by this Christmas.” Also Read – I have personal ambitions now: PriyankaBack in 2011, the superstar said of her creative process: “When I’m happy, I ain’t writing songs – I’m out having a laugh. If I ever get married, it’ll be, ‘Darling, I need a divorce. It’s been three years – I’ve got a record to write’.” The London-born star married Konecki three years ago, after being together for five years. They have a seven-year-old son Angelo. Their split is said to be due to them moving in “different directions and to different continents”, with Adele preferring the US, while Konecki likes living in the UK.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppPhoto: RO Plant in Grand Turk commissioned in August 2013 with former Governor, Ric ToddProvidenciales, 11 Jun 2015 – Huge demands for water in Grand Turk have led to a shortage and so called, ‘incorrect’ reports that the reverse osmosis plant is not working. In a late day statement the Ministry of Infrastructure, Housing and Planning aimed today to quell overheated residents who believe the plant is out of whack completely as Northridge residents in GT are not getting ‘pipe’ water. According to the statement there are 218,000 gallons of potable water produced per day in the capital, but with the rain shortage and the increased demand, that amount has now become insufficient. What the Ministry says it is doing to mitigate the water crisis is working to get another motor to boost production. Add to the dilemma of the surge in demand, and lack of supply is the fact that the hospital’s RO plant is also not in operation. The Ministry explained: “We are prioritizing the delivery of 10,000 gallons a day to the hospital whose RO plant is current undergoing repairs and we hope will be back on stream in the next few weeks.” The government will also have to tap into the contingency fund to fix the old RO plant in Grand Turk at a quarter of a million dollars. The new motor will boost daily water production to 240,000 gallons per day; and Salt Cay will soon have its plant as the system is in country awaiting set up. Cruise figures forecast to drop, says Tourism Director Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Minister of Works puts government buildings reconstruction post hurricanes at $8.6m Related Items:grand turk, water shortage RBC Team off to Grand Turk with EZ Pay
Lyon manager Bruno Genesio felt that his side’s disappointing first-half display cost them a chance of possibly beating Montpellier away on SaturdayLes Gones only really came to life after the break with Nabil Fekir putting them in the lead with a 67th-minute goal as they looked to end 2018 with a five-point advantage over Montpellier.But the hosts, who had a goal ruled out by VAR, soon equalised through a great effort from Rubén Aguilar to settle the score at 1-1.The point left Lyon in third in Ligue 1 and two points above Montpellier in the final Champions League spot having played one more game.“We played two completely different halves,” Genesio told the club website.“We were already on vacation during the first half but had the chance to head into the break scoreless.“We were dominated in the duels, they were more aggressive. We played with more commitment, movement and verticality after the break.Neymar responds to PSG criticism with a stunning winner Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 14, 2019 Despite all the backlash he got today at Parc des Princes, Neymar responded by scoring a stunning winner vs Strasbourg.We all knew that Neymar’s…“We knew how to get back on track and dominate the game. It’s a good performance to draw in Montpellier.“But we can have regrets because we might’ve been able to get a better result by playing a better first half.“This is a good point… The record is satisfactory but we could have a few more points. We lost points foolishly in the league. We are in the top three.”Fekir added: “It’s a logical draw even if we are a little disappointed.“We came back with better intentions after the break… We could have finished the year better.“The season is still long. We need to keep the mindset that we had in the second half.”