SomaliaAfrica News RSF and NUSOJ call for release of a journalist held in Somalia’s Puntland region News RSF_en RSF requests urgent adoption of moratorium on arrests of journalists SomaliaAfrica Help by sharing this information March 2, 2021 Find out more to go further Receive email alerts February 24, 2021 Find out more Organisation Follow the news on Somalia News Radio reporter gunned on city street in central Somalia News December 4, 2009 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Toll of journalists killed in suicide bombing increases to three Reporters Without Borders is saddened to learn that the toll of journalists killed in yesterday’s suicide bombing in Mogadishu’s Shamo Hotel has risen to three.According to the National Union of Somali Journalists (NUSOJ), a Reporters Without Borders partner organisation, freelance fixer and cameraman Abdigafar Abdulkadir Hassan, aka Yaasir Mario died yesterday evening in the Medina Hospital, to which he had been taken in a critical condition with injuries sustained in the bombing.A Radio Shabelle reporter and an Al-Arabiya TV cameraman were the two other media fatalities.The journalists injured in the bombing include:- Mohamed Aweys Mudey, a reporter for Somaliweyn Radio- Abdulkadir Omar Abdulle, a reporter for Universal TV- Mohamed Abdi Hussein, a reporter for Hurmo Radio- Khalid Maki Banadir, a cameraman with Universal TV- Omar Faruk, a photographer for the Reuters news agencyThe Islamist insurgents of the Al-Shabaab militia and the Hezb-al-Islam group today denied being responsible for the bombing.——————————————————————————-03.12.2009 – At least two journalists killed and seven others wounded in Mogadishu suicide bombingReporters Without Borders is stunned and saddened by today’s suicide bombing in a Mogadishu hotel that killed more than a dozen people including at least two journalists, three government ministers and nine students.The explosion occurred during a ceremony at which Banadir University students were being awarded graduation diplomas. At least seven other journalists were wounded. The figures for dead and wounded are only provisional.“We condemn this attack with the utmost firmness and we express our solidarity with the two news media whose journalists were among the fatalities,” Reporters Without Borders said. “One of these news media, Radio Shabelle, has already seen two of its directors killed in the past two years, while other Radio Shabelle journalists have been killed this year.”The press freedom organisation added: “With violence at a peak in Somalia, journalists who try to cover the country’s chaotic political situation are living a nightmare. Those who masterminded this cowardly bombing are responsible for the deaths of these two journalists. The use of blind violence must stop and should be condemned by all parties to the conflict.”Radio Shabelle reporter Mohamed Amin Adan Abdulle, 24, and Al-Arabia TV cameraman Hassan Zubeyr Haji Hassan were the two journalists killed in today’s bombing, which occurred at the Shamo Hotel in a district known as “Kilometre 5” on one of Mogadishu’s main avenues. Three ministers in the transitional government were also killed while a fourth, the sports minister, who is a former journalist and founding member of the National Union of Somali Journalists (NUSOJ), was badly injured and was reported to be in a critical condition.According to the information obtained by Reporters Without Borders, at least seven journalists were injured by the blast, including Agence France-Presse photographer Mohamed Dahir.No group has so far claimed the bombed but the Islamist militia Al-Shabaab was widely suspected. A hotel employee said one of the students participating in the ceremony detonated an explosive vest that he was wearing.“We cannot cope with this level of violence anymore,” a former Radio Shabelle journalist based in Mogadishu told Reporters Without Borders. “Most of my colleagues now want to stop working because it has become too dangerous.”Radio Shabelle was one of the nominees in the Media category for the 2009 Reporters Without Borders – Fnac Press Freedom Prize, which was awarded yesterday in Paris. The capital’s most respected privately-owned radio, it is also the one that has been targeted most. Its director, Mukhtar Mohamed Hirabe, was fatally shot four times in the head in the centre of Mogadishu while on his way to work on 7 June (http://www.rsf.org/Le-directeur-de-Radio-Shabelle,33288.html). Two of his employees were killed earlier this year while his predecessor, Bashir Nur Gedi, was himself murdered in 2007.Concerned by the growing violence to which journalists are exposed in Somalia, Reporters Without Borders awarded a grant of 2,000 dollars last July to send 20 bullet-proof vests to journalists there (http://www.rsf.org/Grant-to-help-protect-beleaguered.html).With eight journalists killed so far in 2009, Somalia is the world’s second deadliest country for journalists, after the Philippines. It was ranked 164th out of 175 countries in the 2009 Reporters Without Borders press freedom index.Picture : AFP / Mohamed Dahir January 8, 2021 Find out more
View post tag: MH Three objects were spotted on Wednesday by two aircraft but were not able to be relocated despite several passes. They were unrelated to the credible satellite imagery provided to AMSA. Positions in the satellite information released by Malaysia Remote Sensing Agency on March 26 were within Wednesday’s search area. Weather in the search area is expected to deteriorate later today.The search resumes today and it will involve a total of 11 aircraft and five ships. Today’s search is split into two areas within the same proximity covering a cumulative 78,000 square kilometres.HMAS Success remains in the search area about 2500 kilometres south – west of Perth and was joined by four Chinese ships – Xue Long, Kun lunshan, Haikou and Qiandaohu – in the search area.Two Royal Australian Air Force AP – 3C Orions, a Chinese Ilyushin IL – 76, a Japanese Gulfstream jet, a US Navy P – 8 Poseidon and a Japanese P – 3 Orion will fly sorties throughout the day.The first aircraft to leave Perth for the search area was the Chinese Ilyushin IL – 76 aircraft around 8am. The two RAAF AP – 3C Orions are scheduled to depart before midday.Five civil aircraft are scheduled to depart between 9.30am and 11am. A total of 34 SES volunteers will again be air observers on board the civil aircraft.A Japan Coast Guard ultra – long range jet will depart at around 2 pm. A US Navy P8 Poseidon is scheduled to depart around 4pm. A Japanese P3 Orion is scheduled to depart around 5pm.[mappress]Press Release, March 27, 2014; Image: Australian Navy March 27, 2014 Still No Sign of MH 370 Debris, Search Resumes Back to overview,Home naval-today Still No Sign of MH 370 Debris, Search Resumes View post tag: search View post tag: Resumes View post tag: Debris View post tag: sign View post tag: Defence View post tag: 370 View post tag: Navy View post tag: Defense View post tag: News by topic View post tag: no HMAS SUCCESSYesterday’s search for the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 did not yield results, according to an upadate provided by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA). View post tag: Naval Share this article View post tag: still
Lampard said: “With the Kepa situation it’s a clear mistake. A clear mistake that has cost us because at that point we go on to have a penalty which we maybe score. Those fine margins change games at this level. We have to keep working, Kepa has to keep working. Promoted Content10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoThe Best Cars Of All Time7 Breathtaking Train Stations Around The Globe5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street ArtDid You Notice How Natural Simba’s Movements Looked In The Movie?7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too Much10 Extremely Dirty Seas In The WorldA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs6 Great Ancient Mysteries That Make China Worth Visiting5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks With Chelsea down to ten men after Andreas Christensen’s first-half sending off, the game was out of Chelsea’s hands following his error. Chelsea are set to announce the signing of Edouard Mendy from Rennes next week after a summer of trying to find a replacement for Kepa, but Lampard says the world’s most expensive goalkeeper must be given support from those within the club. Frank Lampard insists Kepa Arrizabalaga needs support after another glaring mistake cost Chelsea in their defeat to Liverpool. The Spaniard – who Lampard revealed admitted to making a mistake to concede Leandro Trossard’s goal on Monday against Brighton – dawdled in possession before his attempted pass out was pounced upon by Sadio Mane to give the champions a two-goal lead at Stamford Bridge. Loading… Read Also: Klopp: Good to beat Chelsea now; they’ll soon improve “He is our player and it is clear now that there are two games where we have felt, today was a clear mistake and and Brighton was a mistake too and he has reflected on it in that way. We have to keep working, it is the rule of football. “Players need support, particularly from myself. I give that to all the players. Kepa has to keep working, nobody tries to make mistakes in football, it is the nature of the game. You have to be strong, you keep going and that is where he is at.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
Olympic gold medalists Asafa Powell and Omar McLeod are among a high-powered Jamaican team set for the NYRR Millrose Games this Saturday, Feb. 3rd. Other Jamaicans – such as middle-distance runners Natoya Goule, Simoya Campbell, Kimarra McDonald, Aisha Praught Leer and distance runner Kemoy Campbell are also in the lineup for the meet at The Armory’s New Balance Track and Field Center, at 216 Fort Washington Ave., in Manhattan’s Washington Heights section. “It’s been a good few years since I’ve run at the NYRR Millrose Games,” Powell was quoted as saying. “This year will be my first with it being held at the Armory. I hear the Jamaican crowd there is amazing I’m really looking forward to putting my mark down in a building with such history.”Diver Yona Knight-Wisdom Strikes Gold Jamaican diver Yona Knight-Wisdom has struck gold. Wisdom bagged a gold medal at last weekend’s British Diving Championships, scoring 392.40 to win over Oliver Dingley of Shamrock Diving (390.60) and Freddie Woodward (379.00).Wisdom will represent Jamaica at the Commonwealth Games On Australia’s Gold Coast in April.